The purpose of the policy found below is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and related statues & regulatory requirements and to assure that persons with disabilities have equal access to Hidalgo County ("County") facilities, services, programs, activities, and employment.
The ADA Coordinator is authorized to ensure Hidalgo County's compliance with the provisions of the County's ADA policy and with applicable law.
The ADA Coordinator may be contacted for coordination of accommodations for visitors and employees. Questions regarding the ADA policy may be directed to the ADA Coordinator. The Hidalgo County ADA Coordinator is:
Hidalgo County Executive Office
Valde Guerra, County Executive Officer
505 S. McColl Rd., Suite J
Edinburg, Texas 78539
Should an individual, group or representative of the same wish to file an ADA complaint, the ADA complaint process may be found below and compliant forms may be obtained at the Hidalgo County ADA Coordinator’s office located at the address above or through the links below:
You can view the plan by individual sections below:
- Cover and Table of Contents
- Section A - Introduction and ADA Authorities & Regulatory Requirements
- Section B - Accessibility Requirements
- Section C - Summary of Attachments
- Attachment 01: ADA Notice – English/Spanish
- Attachment 02: ADA Nondiscrimination Statement – English/Spanish
- Attachment 03: ADA Assurance – English/Spanish
- Attachment 04: External Title VI/ADA Discrimination Complaint Form– English/Spanish
- Attachment 05: ADA Coordinator’s ADA Complaint Log
For additional information please contact the ADA Coordinator, County of Hidalgo Executive Office at (956) 292-7655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para obtener información adicional, comuníquese con el Coordinador de ADA, Oficina Ejecutiva del Condado de Hidalgo al (956) 292-7655 o email@example.com.