Disaster Cost Recovery Procedures Manual
The objective of this program is to provide assistance to local governments, so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President. The federal share of assistance is not less than seventy-five percent (75%) of the eligible cost for emergency measures and permanent restoration projects.
Having a Disaster Cost Recovery Procedures Manual will help supervisors, department heads, appointed and elected officials understand the complexities involved in seeking FEMA Public Assistance. The reference guide manual is intended to be used for the administration of future federal awards administered by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) with the assistance of impacted precincts and departments. It will be used as a reference to help guide Hidalgo County responders in providing our office with correct cost allocations that will used to determine financial recoveries.
Major Project Activities:
- Introduce the FEMA Public Assistance Cycle.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures related to FEMA Grant Assistance.
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify and resolve prior areas of concern.
- Establish dialogue with key personnel to advocate corrective actions.
- Train responders on the use of established forms and procedures for submitting eligible reimbursement costs.