Hidalgo County Texas
Go To Search

Hidalgo County Courthouse
100 N. Closner
Edinburg, Texas 78539
Public Information Request and Procedures
The Public Affairs Division assists the public, the media, and internal County offices and departments with any communication needs, media requests, information dissemination, and open records requests.  Read the policies and procedures that govern the Public Affairs Division's activities, and use the forms to submit your request for assistance. 

Interviews & Stories

Public Information Request
Before you submit your request for public information, it is important to determine the proper county department or elected official that would have your information. The Public Affairs office primarily processes requests for county departments only. Elected officials and appointed members are the custodian of their own records and you must contact them directly.

Please follow the instructions below to submit your request to the proper office.

County Departments - If you are seeking Public Information from a County Department please use our Request for Public Information Form (fillable PDF form) or email your request to .

Elected Officials and Appointed Members- If you are seeking Public Information from one of the Elected Officials or appointed members listed in the chart below, please contact them directly as they are the custodian of record for their offices/departments. According to Texas Government Code Section 552.201(b), each elected county officer is the officer for public information and the custodian of the information created or received by that county officer's office.

Below is a list of the offices who have elected officials and appointed members, and the information they have available. Please contact their offices directly if you want the following information:

CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY   Hot Checks, HIDTA   P: 956-292-7600
F: 956-318-2301

COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE   Marriage licenses, Birth and death records, Official recordings, Probate, Criminal background checks, Property deeds, Property titles, Sheriff's deeds    100 N. Closner - 1st Floor
P.O. Box 58
Edinburg, TX 78539
P: 956-318-2100
P: 956-318-2811
F: 956-318-2105


  Civil and Criminal cases, Appeals, Child Support, Divorce Decrees, Grand Jury inquiries   100 N. Closner
P.O. Box 87
Edinburg, TX 78539
P: 956-318-2200
F: 956-318-2251


  Mugshots, Jail Bookings, Case reports, 911 calls, Dash cam video, Incident reports   711 E. Cibolo Road
Edinburg, TX 78542
P: 956-383-8114
F: 956-393-6179


Tax liens, Property Tax, Vehicle Registration
  2804 US Hwy. 281
Edinburg, TX 78539
P: 956-318-2157
F: 956-318-2733


Fire reports
  1903 North Knights Drive
Pharr, TX 78577
P: 956-318-2656
F: 956-318-2697


Elections date and elections results, Campaign Treasurer and contributions, Maps and Map Books. Certain fees may apply.
  101 S. 10th Ave.
Edinburg, TX 78539
P: 956-318-2570
F: 956-393-2039



Drainage projects
  902 Doolittle Road
Edinburg, TX 78542
P: 956-292-7080
F: 956-292-7089

Autopsy reports
  3100-B S. Bus. Hwy. 281
Edinburg, TX 78539

For County Departments and Offices (internal use only)
  • Communications Procedure - Read how the Public Affairs Division assists Commissioners Court offices and departments with all their communication needs.  Elected/appointed officials may also choose utilize the Public Affairs Division for their communication needs. 

  • Public Information Requests Procedure - Learn how the Public Affairs Division responds to requests for public information, and the steps that are taken to ensure the County complies with the Public Information Act (Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code).  Requests for information for Commissioners Court and County departments that fall under Commissioners Court are processed by the Public Affairs Division. Elected/appointed officials are the custodian of their own public records, although they may choose to utilize the Public Affairs Division to process requests for public information.
  • Public Affairs Request Form - Use this form to request assistance from the Public Affairs Division.  Read services and deadlines for services below:
 Description of Service
  • Major event planning & coordination, i.e., conferences, special events, fairs, etc. 
  At least six months prior to event 
  • Resolution/proclamation/recognition in Commissioners Court 
  At least three weeks prior to requested date
  • Coordinating a press conference 
  At least one week prior to event
  • Sending a press release to the media
  At least one week prior to event
  • Scheduling media (radio, television, print) interview or spot
  At least one week prior to event
  • Posting a calendar listing on the County website online calendar
  At least 10 business days in advance of your event
  • Posting a "Latest News" announcement on the County website
  At least 10 business days in advance of your event
  • Posting an announcement on the County's Facebook and Twitter Pages
  At least 1 day in advance of your event or the announcement start date
  • Video coverage of event
  At least one month in advance of event
  • Creation of video/PSA
  At least six months in advance
  • Photo coverage of event
  At least one week in advance
  • Creating or updating web pages
  At least 2 weeks in advance for minor revisions or 1 month in advance for Web page design or content development)
  • Creation of print material/graphic design/content development
  At least three months in advance
  • Talking points
  At least two weeks in advance
  • Email distribution to County Department Heads/Elected Officials
  At least one day in advance; subject to approval
  • Email distribution to County Employees
  At least one day in advance; subject to approval
Failure to abide by deadlines listed may result in the Public Affairs Division being unable to accommodate your request for assistance. 
Marriage licenses, Birth and Death Records, Official Recording, Probate, Criminal Background Checks, Property deeds, Property titles, Sheriff's deeds