Hidalgo County Texas
Go To Search

Hidalgo County Courthouse
100 N. Closner
Edinburg, Texas 78539
Unclaimed Property

                                                Notice of
Unclaimed Property
                                                                            Norma G. Garcia

                                                                   Hidalgo County

This notice is provided in accordance with Section 76.201 of the Texas Property Code regarding unclaimed funds.  Unclaimed property after three years is echeated to the treasurer of a school district, municipality, county, or junior college anything valued at $100 or less and/or to the Comptroller of Public Accounts anything valued over $100.

Unclaimed funds, referenced by the names on the following list, are in the custody of the Hidalgo County Treasurer, Norma G. Garcia.  Only those names with property/uncashed checks valued at $100 or less are included on the list.

On June 30, 2014, Commissioners' Court approved the County Treasurer's Unclaimed Property Program policy.  This policy outlines the County Treasurer's procedures for reporting, delivery, publishing, claiming, enforcement and accounting of unclaimed property.  County departments required to report unclaimed funds to the County Treasurer's Office must do so on or before November 1st utilizing the following form:

Any person possessing a legal or beneficial interest in the reported funds may contact the Hidalgo County Treasurer's Office at 956-318-2506 to obtain information about the amount of the funds and the procedure to make a claim to receive the funds.

                                All claims of property valued over $100 are made to the Texas
                               Unclaimed Property Department in the State Comptroller's Office
                                                        800-321-2274 or online at 

           To see if you have any unclaimed property with Hidalgo County, please review the following lists:  

                                                   Checks Issued By County Treasurer
                                             Checks Issued By Other County Department

                        If you locate your name and would like to file a claim to request said property,
                            please follow the instructions provided and complete the request form.

                                                            Claim Filing Instructions

                                               Request For Unclaimed Property Distribution